Jordan | INTERSOS

JORDAN

INTERSOS INTERVENTION

We have been operating in Jordan since 2012, engaged in the humanitarian assistance of Syrian refugees located in urban and rural areas.

We are present in Amman, Madaba, Karak, Tafilah and Ma’an, committed to guaranteeing humanitarian protection and assistance to women, men and children. In particular, INTERSOS is one of the few humanitarian organizations that provides assistance to the refugee population living in informal settlements in remote areas of the country, ensuring that these people have access to the main basic services such as health, education and protection.

Our interventions pay particular attention to the most vulnerable populations, offering educational, recreational and psychological support to women and children at risk of violence and abuse. In addition, we provide financial support and bring aid to refugee families living in extreme poverty, also through the distribution of thermal blankets and other materials needed to face the winter. We constantly carry out monitoring and analyses to identify gaps and vulnerabilities and work to solve them. We also provide assistance to the most vulnerable cases through a system of mobile teams, in close collaboration with local leaders and organizations.

 

 

HIGHLIGHTS

3.200

CHILDREN WITH ACCESS TO EDUCATION, PROTECTION AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (2017)

10.000

PEOPLE SUPPORTED THROUGH FINANCIAL AND LEGAL ASSISTANCE TO RECTIFY THEIR PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION (2017)

800

FAMILIES FINANCIALLY SUPPORTED TO ACHIEVE DECENT LIVING STANDARDS (2017)

14.150

PEOPLE PROVIDED WITH FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR THE WINTER (2017)

3.864

PEOPLE SUPPORTED WITH EMERGENCY KITS TO COPE WITH EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS DURING THE WINTER (2017)

47.675

ASSISTED PERSONS (2017)

15

NUMBER OF PROJECTS (2017)

CONTEXT

Jordan is the second country in the world for levels of concentration of refugees per capita. Since the beginning of the conflict in Syria in 2011, over a million Syrians have fled to Jordan (about 655,624 registered as refugees with the UNHCR), representing about 10% of the Jordanian population. Of these, 79% live in the host communities, while the remaining 21% live in the camps, mainly in those of Za’atari and Azraq (JHF, Annual Report 2017). The continuous increase in the number of refugees in the country over the past six years has severely tested the economic and institutional system of Jordan, causing social tensions on the management of available resources. Access to Jordan is also one of the biggest obstacles for refugees. At the end of 2017, there were about 50,000 Syrians blocked at the Jordanian northeastern border waiting to enter the country, with basic needs of every kind. Women and children remain the most vulnerable, with 31% of Syrian children not having access to formal or informal education (UNICEF, 2018), a condition that aggravates the risk of child labour, while exposing children to abuse and violence.

 

READ ALSO

No Results Found

The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.

RICEVI GRATUITAMENTE IL LIBRO DI GINO LEONCINO